Sunday, January 25, 2009

Reunion

Reunion dinna was supposed to be a time for the whole family to be together. I was looking forward to it as we couldn't have one last year coz of Grandma's demise. We had steamboat this year. Reunion dinna would be best if Grandpa joined us. He simply refused to. Papa and me had gone over to fetch him over. He repeated said no though Papa had already told him beforehand. Perhaps, it was his pride that made him said no. I could sense he badly wanted to join us... probably he felt a loss of face to be seen carried to the lift lobby by Papa and the maid.. before we can seat him in his wheelchair.. Mum had asked me to accompany Papa as we kinda expected Grandpa to react like this. They said I'm probably the best person to be able to convince him.. Mum and Papa reminded me that he sayang me the most among the grandchildren. I really tried my very best in my limited Hokkien to talk to him.. But it was futile. I stopped when he said to me in Hokkien "cham xiong ah"= "I plead with you". I felt a sharp tug of pain at my heart.. I could feel my heart breaking into pieces at any moment. By then I was teary but I didn't allow my tears to gush out coz I saw my dear Grandpa's eyes were also red and teary. I didn't want to cry in front of him on CNY eve.. It will be too much for him and me to handle it... I think he misses Grandma.. Grandma.. what is like to be up there in Heaven?? Please bless Grandpa and us. I miss you loads too..


To my dearie Bao- Thanks for your call from Msia. I know you are not those whom always say out loud sweet honeyed words.. yet you never failed to call me from Msia over the years during CNY. I was feeling so wrecked that I was in no mood to head out. Your call brought comfort to me ..especially tonight.. I feel so much warmer.. thanks dearie for loving me..

No comments: