Saturday, October 31, 2009

Exchange Program+ Ellen Bday!

An exciting day! Coz I'm both the student and teacher! It's back to schooling days- like exchange program! I learnt baking cookies and taught eye make up! Yahoo!

*Part I: Baking Earl Grey Cookies!* 
*Teacher: Loveling Soya*
*Student: Starry Stella*

Frankly, I cant remember the exact steps and how much ingredients to use.. I only dutifully followed my 老师's instructions and be the 乖乖 student.. a few Qns here and there..  I usually can multi task de.. but at the doughing stage, I simply can't leh.. Cant chat and dough it to the desired shape and size! Im kinda 同手同脚 whenever im in the kitchen ah!

Seee! Kinda not similar size! LOL!


Me! The student  


In the oven!


The end product- Earl Grey Cookies!


YAY! Nicely packed for me to bring home *yummylicious!*


My family very give faceeee! Bro and papa started eating almost instantly when i got home! Papa could'nt stop eating and kept saying "nice" "nice". Jus that mummy and meimei cant tahan the buttery smell but i tasted, not so buttery leh.. Anyway, gotta thankwiee my teacher Soya! ;))


---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

*Part II: Eyes Make up!*
*Teacher: Starry Stella*
*Student: Loveling Soya*

I learnt to put on those false eye lashes for Mimi's wedding! Gotta impart my skills! 1st student shall be Soya! But 1 step before the lashes, she needs to learn how to draw eye liner too! I did my lashes in less than 5mins.. she has steady hands, so i have total confidence in her that she will be okie!

1st kit- Gel eye liner! One of the cheapest but best brand i had tried! Really easy and smooth!


She tried and beri gooody! NO smudges!


Finely and niceee drawn! Her natural lashes are quite long!



2nd kit- I chose this set after "surveying" the various brands, ranging frm 2+ to 10+.. this's $4.90! Great find+ good quality! I also rem my teacher's Corrine golden words- get only Criss Cross length!! But realised not so easy to find nicee, not too drama criss cross length 1s ah!



gently put on the glue.. not too much nor too little!


She tried to stick it on... on.. ON!


Viola! One eye with jus the liner, the other complete with the fakey lashes!
Can you spot the difference??

(PS. Bro Edward seen us at this stage & was really surprised!
But he was full of smiles and gave us a thumbs up leh! Yay!)


Bambi- looking! *BLINK*BLINK*


The side view! LOOONG!




Close up & under the flash light!
SEEEE! really BIG difference


MUST def take pic with my 1st student!!




In this pic, i tink her brow+ fringe= Sammi Cheng concert Nike Brow look-a like ah!


-------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------

*Part III: Ellen Bday!*
*Location: Shore Restaurant, Changi Coast Walk*

After all our "classes", we met up with Ellen & Sui for Ellen's bday celebration! Yay! I lub to celebrate bdays more than anything! In fact more than occasions like V day or wat wat anniversary.. I value bday celebrations coz on a personal note .. bday= hatching day= the special day this person is born on Mother Earth.. If not for this special day, I wouldnt have known this she/ he! I try my best to learn+ treasure+ appreciate every soul that crosses the path of my life.. esp those whom warm & touch my heart! It also probably runs in my family, any bday celebration must have a bday cake! kekee!

Anyway, Shore restaurant has a really niceee ambience, al fresco dining and so near the beach!! I cant swim but I still lub to be near the sea.. I likey the sound of waves+ under the blanket of stars up in the sky.. awww! Food was okie only but dinna was costly! Almost $140 for 4 of us! Faint! But well, it's the company that counts! I also let them tried the Earl Grey cookies! Niceee was wat they said! Yay! 

Pics! Pics!
Sui! She gotta feast more!


Me! Err.. I look esp slim in this pic?!?! 
Thankwiee soya for this flattering cam angle! *o*


Soya, my ever cheeky student!



Ellen! The Bday gal!!


We can be the "Coconuts 椰子姐妹!" liao.. LOL!


The bday gal with the dinna feast!




The bday cake- "Mont Blanc" from Rive Gauche Patisserie!

I specially chosen this from the many cakes i seen at Tamps 1! I was first drawn to its name and then the  description of the cake.. It says, 2 layers of soft sponges with brandy syrup, sandwiched with french chestnut and Japanese chestnut! WOW! and i tink the cake kinda fits Ellen to a T!! They "nagged" me that i up up the standard each time, next time they cannot get other usual brands liao.. hmmm.. actually, its just a little more thoughts and lub lah+ im a dessert gal mah.. Really nicee, unique cakes in SIN happened to be from more "atas" brands... As for me, any chocolaticccc cakes will do, brandless also okie okie de.. Best is starry choc 1! But only in my dreams lah.. had never seen starry cakes b4! 






Ellen lubs the cake! YAHOOO!


What a Niceeee & warmth Saturday!

------------------------------------
------------------------------------

I got a surprise pressie from Soya! A starry hp lead/ strap ordered from Australia! So pinkieee & starry! I likey it loads.. But im a little hesistant to put it on.. i dun wanna lose it just like the previous one ..and it was handmade..Tsk.. But I told myself, it's alright.. to put it on once i got my nokia 5800 back.. If it's really lost again (CHOY lah!), then be it.. one does not need any tangible items to remind oneself of the bond+ friendship+ lub shared.. It's all "stored' in the memory space of my heart. It may also seems to be a "late" or "im sorry" pressie.. But I know betta, it is not.. It's the tots behind the gift tat counts.. whatever the actual gift is.. that's secondary. Thankwieee loveling!   

My starry pinkiee hp lead/ strap

it's double printed on both sides!
On the other side, it reads "For the World's Best Pal, Starry Stella!"
awww...


And this cutesy bookmark frm Precious Tots too!

No comments: