Loveling’s reposted entry reminded me of the speech given by Adrian Tan… He’s the author of The Teenage Textbook (1988). I recalled the original email was forwarded from aBei... She rarely forward junk mails… Reading the contents again... brought a smile and a sense of equilibrium to me. It granted me the answers that I had been seeking lately…
My favourite pointers vs. my thoughts…
Limiting oneself will only be living your life according to boundaries set by average people… nothing against average people. But no one should aspire to be them. *Agree*
[My thoughts] We do not live our life to please others coz it’s our Life! However, it’ll be a constant challenge to balance one’s aspirations & expectations from others
Life's a mess. You are not entitled to expect anything from it. Life is not fair. Everything does not balance out in the end. Life happens, and you have no control over it.*Disagree*
[My thoughts] Yes, Life is never unfair but Life is still good and beautiful. Nothing beats being still able to live, love and be loved... Things kinda get sorted out in the end- it’s a matter of acceptance, tolerance and compromise
Do not waste the vast majority of your life doing something you hate so that you can spend the small remainder sliver of your life in modest comfort. You may never reach that end anyway. *Agree and disagree*
[My thoughts] Awfully right... but how many of us can have the chance to have a job that is also our passion, bringing enough monetary value back home? And how much is deemed enough? Hahaaa…
Work also kills you in more subtle ways. If you work, then day by day, bit by bit, your soul is chipped away, disintegrating until there's nothing left. A rock has been ground into sand and dust. *Agree*
[My thoughts] Harshly true… I can feel my starry soul disintegrating bits by bits…
The truth has a great capacity to offend and injure, and you will find that the closer you are to someone, the more care you must take to disguise or even conceal the truth…It takes great maturity to appreciate the value of silence. *Agree*
[My thoughts] *Faint!!!* Exceptionally trueeee! Being a total open book, I simply find it a sheer torture to lie to my close ones, so at times I chose silence…
Modern society is anti-love. We've taken a microscope to everyone to bring out their flaws and shortcomings. It far easier to find a reason not to love someone, than otherwise. Rejection requires only one reason. Love requires complete acceptance. It is hard work. *Agree*
[My thoughts] True love really requires COMPLETE acceptance... *bleah*
You will also find that it is no great tragedy if your love is not reciprocated. You are not doing it to be loved back. Its value is to inspire you. *Agree*
[My thoughts] Awww… Totally trueeee!!! It is aligned to my fav quote “Happiness in Life is to love and be loved”... I’m frequently being tagged or commented by others that I’m a “sucker/ easy target/ easily duped”… But now I’m finally aware why I never seem to learn my lessons coz the value of loving others inspire me!
There is no half-measure when it comes to loving someone. You either don't, or you do with every cell in your body, completely and utterly, without reservation or apology.. *Agree*
[My thoughts] Hahaaa! So me! That explains why my scale can never be balanced. But I’m much more selective to who are in my beloved privilege list! Not every “friend” is in it anymore! U must be worthy enough of my absolute love! U guys know who you are :))))
No comments:
Post a Comment